As I mentioned recently, we’re trying out the 5-Ingredient Meal Plan Box right now. We’re doing week 6 this week and we’re really loving it (see what we’re eating this coming week when you scroll down to the bottom of the post).
I didn’t have that much I needed to buy this week since we already had some things on hand from previous sales for some of the meals this week. So we only spent a little over $80. I’ll likely roll over the extra $20 in our budget to next week.
We’re hosting a big graduation party this Saturday (we’re paying for it out of a separate budget since Kathrynne chose the menu and we’re expecting 70+ people!) and we’ll likely have leftovers from that, so we may be eating those for most of next week. We’ll see!
I was super excited to get the Greek Goddess yogurt for just $2.49/tub. It was on sale for $3.49 and I had a mailer coupon for $2/2!
The big boxes of Cheerios were marked down to $2.34! And the seltzer water was $1.39 each. We’ll use them for baseball games. I also got the trail mix and Kind bars marked down and we used them for snacks at the baseball tournament in AL this past weekend.
Kathrynne is gone all this week on a Senior trip with her class until Wednesday night, so we have one less teen here — though she’s not here for many meals these days between work and school and other commitments! Here’s our menu plan:
Breakfasts this week: cereal, baked oatmeal, or oatmeal, fruit/yogurt
Lunches this week (the kids will be eating some at home and some out with friends – they pay for their own food when they go out with friends since they all have jobs): snack-y lunches, salads/toast (I have lettuce leftover from last week), eggs (I still have almost 4 dozen leftover from the last two weeks!), PB&J (I have bread in the freezer and PB & Jelly stocked up from deals), leftovers, yogurt (I still have yogurt tubes from a recent deal)
Snacks this week: Pumpkin Bread, Cheerios, Kind bars, carrots, apples and PB (I have some leftover apples from a deal a few weeks ago), eggs, trail mix, No Bake Cookies
Dinners this week:
- Salad with leftover chicken, cheese, and hard boiled eggs (Silas was at a party and the girls had dinner at the End of Year School Celebration)
- Dinner out (at baseball tournament in AL)
- Fend For Yourself Night (cereal, eggs, frozen pizza)
- Grilled Double Cheeseburgers (we bought ingredients for this last week and never used this recipe) + french fries (we had in the freezer from a long time ago; they need to be used up!) and cantaloupe
- Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats with fruit on the side + homemade bread
- Sweet & Savory Baked Chicken + pineapple + muffins
- Garlic Steak & Potato Packets + fruit salad + steamed veggies
All packed up for our baseball tournament this past weekend!