B-Stock is so excited to welcome Sebastian Quenga to the Marketing team this summer! As a summer teammate, we know Sebastian will be an incredible asset to the company. Sebastian is currently studying Business Analytics at Hult International Business School. Learn a bit more about Sebastian and see his answers to some questions below.
1. What are you most excited to learn at B-Stock?
I am excited to learn about everything marketing, and being able to work with the team here! Also, I know sustainability & circular economies are going to make a big impact, so I’m excited to work for a company that also gives products a second life!
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? (Or still want to be!)
As a kid, I wanted to be an architect. The bridge between design and something technical always interested me, and I’m glad I found another space for it in marketing.
3. What is one piece of advice you’ve been given that has stuck?
That everything is an experience. As a first-generation college student whose parents were the first to move off island, I was always taught to value life experiences along with my educational and professional ones. And I am glad the internship program here at B-Stock really implements that with great team-building events & company culture.
4. Where can people find you after work or school?
In the pool! Living in London has really taught me to appreciate the California sun back home, so at least for the summers that is where I’ll definitely spend the second part of my day.
5. What is a hidden talent of yours?
I’m a cellist! I went to a performing arts high school, so music theory and orchestra was a big part of my life. Wasn’t as cool as Victorious but definitely was the best place to be creative and learn something new!
6. What plays in the background while you work (music genre, podcast, news)?
I always listen to 90s/early 2000s R&B Music. Usher, Neyo, Mario, etc.
7. Where would you go with unlimited PTO?
I am from a small island called Guam, so I would certainly take some longer trips there to enjoy the beach and spend time with my family.
8. What do you do when you’re stuck creatively? How do you get the creative juices flowing?
Listening to music. I usually listen to slowed-down mixes of the 90s/early 2000s songs that I love, to concentrate better.
9. What’s something you’ve accomplished that you’re proud of?
Going to university in London! I’ve always wanted to do more than just study abroad, I wanted to live abroad, so I’m definitely proud that I got a full scholarship at a university in Europe to do so.
10. What is one thing you hope to contribute to B-Stock?
As a business analytics student, I really hope to leverage my skills in a very unique & data-driven way, and hopefully contribute new ideas to an already successful marketing team.