Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman is often quoted as stating, “Inflation is caused by too much money chasing after too few goods.” Defined, inflation is the rate of increase in prices over a given period of time and results in less purchasing power for a given currency. During periods of rising prices, gold has long been viewed as a way to hedge against inflation. Is this still true in today’s markets? Also, why are financial professionals recently referencing “stagflation”, a term not widely used in over forty years?
Watch NinjaTrader’s Tom Schneider and special guest Bob Iaccino discuss these questions and more including conceptions, misconceptions, and a fundamental change in the market’s perception of gold and Gold Futures (GC).
Topic covered include:
- Are gold prices a predictor of inflation or recession, as opposed to an inflation hedge?
- The pandemic’s impact on market sentiment around gold and inflation.
- The Fed’s actions to combat inflation and what may lie ahead.
- A technical and fundamental analysts look at gold prices versus the U.S. dollar and the impact on foreign currency and trading.
- Using NinjaTrader charts to explore gold futures prices, and relating the charts to inflation and the actions of the Central Banks, specifically The Fed here in the United States.
Ready for More?
Join NinjaTrader’s daily livestream events as we prepare, analyze and trade the futures markets in real-time. View Upcoming Events
Get Started with NinjaTrader
NinjaTrader supports more than 500,000 traders worldwide with a powerful and user-friendly trading platform, discount futures brokerage and world-class support. NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting & strategy backtesting through an immersive trading simulator.
Download NinjaTrader’s award-winning trading platform and get started with a free trading demo with real-time market data today!